Kevin's Dog Sledding Challenge
The Brooke Hospital for Animals is an international animal welfare organisation dedicated to improving the lives of working horses, donkeys and mules, in the poorest parts of the world. They provide veterinary treatment and community programmes across Africa, Asia and Latin America.
On the 15th Feb 2013, Kevin went to Kiruna in Sweden, 145kms north of the Arctic Circle, to take part in a great challenge and an adventure of a lifetime!
After meeting and getting to know the other participants, Kevin learned how to harness and drive a team of huskies. Over the next five days they they enjoyed the thrills and spills of a 200km expedition through the wild, mountainous expanses of Northern Sweden. Traveling over frozen lakes, through snow covered forests and into the mountains with temperatures varying from -5C to -45C was a far cry from the humble fens!
With the generous help of The Dorcas Trust, Kevin self-funded the trip and raised over £2000 for the Brooke.
We hope you will support Kevin's efforts and the Brooke Hospital for Animals. Donations through JustGiving are quick and secure. If you're a taxpayer remember to tick the Gift Aid box so your donation becomes worth 25% more to the Brooke, at no additional cost to you.
- Fri 6th December: Christmas Market in Chippenham Church, 6–9pm. Bambi will be on duty heavily disguised as a reindeer!
- Sun 8th December: La Hogue. Our first attempt at helping to transport Christmas trees to customers’ cars.
- Sun 15th/Sun 22nd December: Elveden. Again, helping to move transport the trees.
- Fri 20th December: Santa’s "little helper" at Bramley Court Nursing home.
- Mon 23rd December: Bambi will be “At Home” with Father Christmas to give you all a little present and wish you “Merry Christmas” This event is free and open to anyone.